Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chinatown mall and Halloween drive-by

After work and school today we went to Chinatown Mall for an authentic Szechuan dinner. I had read about a restaurant there online - on Yelp, I think - and we have been meaning to go for a while. It seems it's out in an almost industrial area, and for a while when we were driving there I was starting to doubt Siri really knew the way, but suddenly, there it was. Some Chinese shops, import/export firms, and a food court, full of people and really great looking food. We ate at Chong Qing Hot Pot and the food was absolutely amazing! Even the sweet and sour chicken that the boys ordered was better than anywhere I've ever had it. My husband and I had fish stew, a hot pot and some Kun Pao chicken, all very spicy and oh so tasty. Yum!

After dinner we drove through a *very* Halloween decorated neighborhood (there is a video of this here from 2010), boys shrieking from joy at all the spooky displays. The full experience, for sure.

When we got home, we got to watch the Red Sox win the world series. A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment